Dec 2015 – Jan 2016

Parish Council

Meeting  Meeting of Sway Parish Council at 19.30 in Pavilion Jubilee Field on 26.11.15.

Present: Cllr Rickman (Chair), No Clerk, Cllr Cripps, Cllr Dance, Cllr Fleat, Cllr Gresham Hale, Cllr Marchant, Cllr Seacombe, Cllr Tarling, Cllr Thomas, Cllr Turner.

HCC Cllr Thornber.

Also present: John Warden (Transport), Sway News, 5 members of the public.

  1. Cllr Rickman opened by welcoming Len Thomas as a co-opted Councillor and also explained that the Clerk Susan Brayley had resigned that day.
  1. Apologies. Cllr Golby, Cllr Pepper
  1. Minutes of 22 Oct. Cllr Marchant asked whether Cllr Thornber had checked on where his SID was and whether Quiet Lanes Policy could be resuscitated. Long discussion about non-recording of a discussion between Cllr Turner and Gresham Hale about Sway Newswire.
  1. HCC Report. Cllr Thornber will look for SID – Quiet Lanes can be resurrected. HGV signage, has Cllr Marchant any evidence of heavy lorries in Coombe Lane? Yes and photos. Long explanation about Local Government Boundary Commission Review. Hampshire huge area with only 78 Councillors whereas much smaller neighbouring Counties have 81/82. Hampshire to lose one to 77. Eastleigh gain one.
  1. St Luke’s School Governor

Calling all villagers are you interested in becoming a School Governor? There is a vacancy. Your Parish Council need you to act as a conduit. Please let Cllr Rickman know of your interest.

  1. Clerks Report

A reminder that the Family Trees day is on Saturday 28 Nov Jubilee Field 10-12.00 and 14.00 – 16.00. All welcome.

  1. Finance

Payment schedule agreed. Cllr Cripps reported on last week’s meeting of Finance Working Group. Budget in reasonable health – in balance. Worried about low reserves which need beefing up in future.

  1. Cllr Tarling reported on Planning and Tranport.

Meeting of Planning and Transport Committee on Nov 12 at 19.30 in the Pavilion Jubilee Field.

Present: Cllr Tarling (Chair), S Brayley (Clerk), Cllr Cripps (Vice Chair), Cllr Dance, Cllr Marchant, Cllr Seacombe. Also present John Warden (transport), Cllr Thomas (Speedwatch), Sway News and 9 members of the public incl Cllr Fleat/Rickman from 20.15.

(i) Apologies Cllr Pepper

(ii) Minutes Oct 8 agreed and signed off

(iii) Trees. Cllr Seacombe reported on a site visit at land adjacent to High Forest. The Chair thanked the owner and his agent for involving neighbours and PaTc members. The proposed work was reasonable and necessary. Replacement saplings should be planted where appropriate. One neighbour (who was not invited) from the public gallery suggested there should be a formal process of invitation of interested parties established rather than relying on the largesse of owners.

(iv) Outcome of Planning.

Boundway Gate – exceeds DP11. Refused.

4 Bond Close – Ground floor extension granted

KnightBridge Farm – South Sway Lane. Certificate of Lawfulness granted

The Well House – Boundway Hill ditto

Rose Cottage – Back Lane ditto

Gablemead – Manchester Rd, application withdrawn on this over developed site

Forest Haven, front and rear dormer windows, porch granted.

Fyre Stychen – replacement kennels refused

Heathey Lodge – fence to be reduced to 1.5m, granted

Hazelhurst Farm – Flexford Lane, tractor store granted

41 Heron Close, single storey extension granted.

(v) New Planning Applications 

  • Little Haven, Middle Rd. Single storey extension. Owner spoke from the public gallery. He had consulted neighbours, kept to SVDS, surface water drainage had been helped. (1) Recommend permission but happy to leave to NFNPA. (Subsequent to meeting granted).
  • Avonwood, Arnewood Bridge

Rd. Single storey extension. A great deal of work had taken place over the last year or so on this site. (1) recommend permission but happy to leave to NFNPA with following conditions: watertight agreement that previous not permitted footings should be removed. Further permitted development rights be removed (without specific planning agreement). Existing garage used for cars not accommodation. Surface water disposal plan. Details of additional facing and roofing materials are agreed before work commences. Exact dimension be provided at all times. Possible light pollution and confusion to drivers to be examined.

  • Bilyara 3 Moser Grove. Modest greenhouse (3) recommend permission. Granted,
  • Arnewood to Milford on Sea overhead line. (4) refusal (Limolands Solar farm has been refused and is subject of appeal). Let’s await that outcome.
  • Cheriton, Manchester Rd. Replacement dwelling and garage both detached. Neighbour spoke from public gallery objecting on a number of points. Not in same footprint as existing, garage in front against SVDS – no clear drawings or specifications with measurements (4) refusal. (Subsequent to meeting application withdrawn).
  • Shirley Holms Farm. New commoners dwelling. Modest request Committee support commoning (3) recommend permission
  • Ciren, Middle Rd. Single storey extension to garage 1.8 metre wall with render (5) happy to accept NFNPA decision.
  • Leaway, Pitmore Lane. Re-design of dormer windows replace tile hanging with timber. Quite modest in keeping with SVDS. (1) recommend permission but will accept NFNPA decision.
  • 3 Heron Close. Very modest rear dormer window to garage (1) recommend permission but will accept NFNPA decision.
  • Church Cottage. Two storey extension. (Subsequent to meeting withdrawn)
  • Hillside, Mead End. 3 dormers and 5 roof lights. Co-owner spoke from public gallery they had worked with neighbours and pre-application advice (1) recommend permission but will accept NFNPA decision. Cllr Marchant pointed out that Parish briefing notes, plans and specific measurements were of poor quality. This will be registered with NFNPA.
  • South Sway Farmhouse. Appeal to develop into recreational horsekeeping and accommodation rejected with costs awarded to NFNPA.

(vi) Planning Enforcement

Started month with 11 – 3 cleared replaced with 4 new ones including Gablemead, Manchester Rd.

(vii) Planning Inspectorate Appeals

NFNPA back fencing policy strongly – apparently (see below).

(viii) Development Control Committee

Sway Social Club site. Strange planning submissions occurring – the original rejected plan was replaced by a compromise plan which was acceptable and now seems to have returned to the original non-acceptable plan?!! Cllr Tarling will represent the Committee – Sway does not need suburban terraces in the designated village. (Subsequent to meeting the proposals were granted by NFNPA with a number of conditions).

(ix) Other Planning Issues

Heathey Lodge fence height to be reduced to the compromise height of 1.5 metre.

Holly Bank, Chair to write to Steve Avery over lack of consistency. If NFNPA support fencing policy then they must be consistent. Mrs Watts said Holly Bank new fence an eyesore at the moment and SVDS ignored. (Subsequent to meeting NFNPA officer to take another look at this site). 

(x) Burying overhead cables.

Not much of a problem locally but if there are eyesore and problem pylons please advise Cllr Tarling.

(xi) Terms of Reference

Co-opted Cllr Len Thomas wishes to be part of Planning and Transport Committee. Agreed.

Amend terms of reference to be put on Council website.

(xii) Cango Governance

Cllr Marchant will be the Sway representative (plus John Warden).

(xiii) Transport

John Warden gave a paper to Councillors with some history on cost per passenger. £5 per passenger acceptable to HCC running at £5.07 currently. The service needs more publicity (come on Lymington!) and useage. After all the effort put in to save the service PLEASE USE IT!

(xiv) Roads, Hedges and Ditches

Lots of signs covered by foliage some too dangerous for lengthsman to deal with.

Hazelhurst Farm say that water running onto the lane is not foul, seems to be spring water? They will try and divert. Thank you.

(xv) Speedwatch

Cllr Thomas said police figures were now all lumped together and meaningless. The new police computer system has teething problems. The Police Commissioner promises more police help in 2016. Speedwatch which will be out and about pre Christmas.

Meeting closed at 21.42.

  1. Amenities

Cllr Seacombe reported on good response to S106 monies available to spend on recreational/green facilities in Sway. 312 response. Split 50:50 between Stanford Rise and Jubilee Field. 2nd consultation will be from Feb1 -18. Voting on 3 choices. Initiatives supported were Village Green at Stanford Rise. Muga at Jubilee Field.

  1. Village of Year 2016

Cllr Gresham Hale – do we want to enter in 2016. No let’s wait a year and go big in 2017 with forward plan etc.

  1. Communications Working Group

Cllr Marchant has done a lot of good web work and Cllr Gresham Hale suggested a vote of thanks. Don’t have a formal group as such, deal on an ad hoc basis but need Terms of Reference. Cllr Marchant to draw up.

Meeting for public closed at 20.55. Councillors continued in closed session.

Warren Breach

Comments are closed.